Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Words and More

Eli has finally started saying some words. Up until now he was perfectly happy w/Jonah talking for him. Jonah tells everyone what Eli wants and needs. But a week or two ago he said "more" or mo'. Then there was "pizza" or eezzaaaaaaaaa. Are you starting to see a pattern here? Yes Eli's a big eater. The other day at Trader Joe's he just kept saying ball b/c they had beach balls tacked to the ceiling inside. He said bye to me yesterday when I dropped the boys off at day care. It's really cute to hear him talk.

Jonah will be starting preschool in a few short weeks. He still doesn't know yet. We try to explain it to him, but the concept is a bit foreign. He is starting to read out letters when he's looking at a book. For instance a book about colors he'll say "red is spelled R-E-D". He's doing really well w/his potty training. He still has accidents, but he's telling us when he has to go, and that's a huge step for him. We're so proud of his progress.

Both boys are taking swim lessons on Sundays. Jonah is in a class w/3 other kids. Eli is in a parent-tot class. Rob & I take turns doing that class w/Eli. They are both really loving it.

Rob is still working as in house counsel for a company, but is looking to build his own practice on the side in order for us to afford preschool.

I'm still doing the same thing, but yesterday something huge happened. After 18 months of hard work I made it to my goal in weight loss. I have lost 62.8 lbs total. I want to lose another 5 to 7 for a cushion, but I reached my goal. It's a little bit surreal.

I promise to try to post pictures soon. We still are looking for pictures of the boy's from David's wedding. Unfortunately they were so over tired they didn't want to be in pictures. Se la vie.

No comments: