Monday, June 09, 2008

When I Grow Up

I remember when I was little I wanted to be a kid doctor (pediatrician to the sophisticated). I never ask the boys what they want to be because I want it to come from them. Of course my mother is constantly telling Jonah he wants to be a doctor {insert eye roll}, however, that's the right of a grandparent, and he loves it.

This morning Rob & I were in the bathroom getting ready while the boys were on our bed watching TV.
I walked in the room to get dressed and Jonah said, "Mommy when I grow up I want to be a daddy."
Me: "really just a daddy"
J: "yup a daddy"

When I asked Rob if he heard him, he said he didn't. I relayed the conversation and Rob just smiled from ear to ear. I think Jonah just made his week. Sometimes it's hard to believe he's going to be four this month.

No comments: