Thursday, September 14, 2006

For The Memory Bank

I wanted to share what I witnessed this morning:
I woke up about 30 minutes late this morning so I was rushing to get ready. While in the bathroom I could hear Jonah talking/singing as he often does when he's on his own. Eli was crying. All of the sudden he stopped and I didn't think anything of it. Then he started again. I wondered why. Then I listened carefully and realized that Jonah had stopped singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider", and Eli wanted more. The interesting thing is Jonah realized it and started singing again. After a while I heard Jonah talking and Eli babbling, which is normal for both when left on their own. When I was done getting ready I went in to start their morning routines. The boys cribs are located across from each other in their room. I opened the door and Jonah was standing in his crib facing Eli's crib and Eli was up on his knees holding onto the railing facing Jonah's crib. I realized that the boys had been "talking" to each other. (Eli's paci was on the floor so I know it must have fallen out of his mouth when he bagan to engage in the conversation.) My heart swelled and I just got tears in my eyes. I then began our routine.

I know that raising two boys so close in age will make me want to pull my hair out more then ever, but it's moments like these that I cherish. The minute Eli was born I gave Jonah his best friend in the whole world. Eli will never know a life without his big brother. I thank G-d everyday for the pleasure of being their mother, but the fact that they have each other to talk to, even now is just wonderful. I'll be filing this one in the memory bank in my head.

1 comment:

Jen C said...

How incredibly sweet!!! What a great moment!