Monday, November 28, 2005

Back to "Normal"

Can you really say that? Is there ever normal with a 17 month old? Not really. It is Rob's first day of work today and we took Jonah back to day care. At first he was looking around like he knew the place, but why was he there. I waited for Irma to arrive (the lady he knows best) and told her all of the things he'll be trying to say while signing. I sat on the couch [while waiting] and Jonah saw another little boy go into the playroom. He followed and that was the last I saw of him. He found toys and companionship and mommy was a thing of the past. I will say that he spent the entire time I was there looking for Sascha. He would say "Snatcha" over and over and over and over...They thought it was cute, I just can't wait to hear what they think when I go pick him up. Yet again Jonah proved to me that the changes in his life are far more traumatic to me then to him. I hope he takes to Eli as well as he did to returning to day care.

As for me: I'm officially done with the pregnancy, now if only Eli would realize it and come out. ;) This has been physically draining, even though newborn life is hard, at least my body will be my own. This is my last week at work and I look forward to not having to stuff my sausage feet into shoes acceptable for a work environment.

We hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Rob & I have a lot to be thankful for, but mostly for the support of friends and family such as yourselves. Stay tuned more to come...

No comments: