Tuesday, November 08, 2005

New Fun Jonah Stories

Here are some cute stories for you:
On Saturday we were all at my mom and dad's (Norma & Isaac's) place and Jonah was walking around. My parents have a baby gate, but it wasn't in use, so it was carefully leaning against the wall in the kitchen doorway. Of course, Jonah is curious and has to touch it. We were all in the living room and heard a crash. We wait to hear if he cries but nothing. At that point my dad gets up to see what is going on and watches from the living room. I said to my mom that I was surprised we hadn't heard an uh-oh yet. Well, he starts walking away from the scene of the crime back to the living room when he looks up and sees my dad. He then says in a very low voice "uh-oh". When he reaches my dad he tries to give him a kiss. Can we say bribery? My dad goes to pick up the fallen gate and when he does Jonah says "dek ooo" (thank you). At this point my mom and I can't stop laughing at the fact that he was very aware of the bad thing he did and how he used his cuteness to get out of trouble. :P

Yesterday, Rob picked me up from work and was telling me all about the interview he had been on earlier. We are having a discussion and Jonah is in the backseat saying in a very rushed tone "dada ee yi ee yi oo" over and over.
I said to Rob that I thought Jonah was trying to get his attention.
So, Rob stops in mid-sentence and sings "Old McDonald had a farm".
Jonah responds "ee yi ee yi oohhhh".
Rob turns to me to get back to our discussion and starts talking again when we hear, "dada ee yi ee yi oh" in a very rushed tone.
Again Rob sings "Old McDonald had a farm"
Jonah responds "ee yi ee yi oohhhh"
"And on that farm he had a Jonah"
"ee yi ee yi oohhh"
We never did get back to the conversation until we got home, but it was too cute to not share. In between singing though, Rob did point out that now I had an understanding of what his day was like.

That concludes my episode of cute Jonah stories. Stay tuned there will definitely be more...

P.S. if anyone is looking for Chanukah gift ideas for Jonah please e-mail either Robert or myself for the '05 list.

No comments: